It is not enough to state that the Sunnyside Baptist Church was charted on June 30, 1954, and that the deed to the church was relinquished to us by the First Baptist Church a month later – July 31, 1954, for there in lies only half the story of Sunnyside’s origin.
There was no dramatic overnight development of the Sunnyside project. It actually began as a faith-filled idea in the minds of Rev. Rel Gray and the other firm Christians of the First Baptist Church here in Rogers in the year 1949. Realizing - after the 1949 census – the need of ministry among the large number of unreached, “unchurched” citizens in this northeast area of Rogers, and deciding against bussing these residents across town, the First Church worked, instead, to establish a mission church for these people. By March 7, 1951, Mr. Jim Holyfield was able to report in a business meeting at the First Church that their Missions Committee had found a mission location in northeast Rogers.
Check out the links below of the written History of our church.