Costa Rica Mission
One of the missions that is close to our heart as a church is the mission work happening in Costa Rica. Our brothers and sisters at Iglesia Bautista Villas De Auarco and the work that the Lord is doing there is amazing. The Pastor Bro Adolfo & wife Celenia and their children (Josue and Ana Ruth) Garcia are serving in a mighty way to the church there in Costa Rica.
Pastor Adolfo García. He was born in Costa Rica in the city of Alajuela in the heart of a very humble family made up of 7 brothers, 2 sisters, and his parents. The knowledge of the truth of God came to his parents in the early years of their marriage, so I had the blessing of growing up in a God-fearing home.
At the age of 5, Adolfo accepted the Lord in my heart even though he did not understand many things. Since that time he always knew that God had called me to serve Him in His work. Looking back he can see the hand of God in his life and in his family opening paths to teach me and prepare me with what he had needed for the work of the ministry. While Adolfo was growing up, He had the blessing of seeing his pastor work in new mission areas. On occasion he took children and youth from the church with him to work with him on something. These experiences impacted Adolfo's life and showed him the great blessing of God and the joy that can be experienced in sharing with others what God has given us.
This is how Adolfo met my wife Celenia and they got married in 1990. God has blessed us with two marvelous children (Josué and Ana Ruth). Our lives since then have always revolved around serving others. We have had the blessing of being instruments in God's hands to share His word and we have been witnesses of the wonders that God does in those who listen to His voice.
God has been good, immensely good. He has always walked by our side and comforted our hearts when we have felt defeat. He multiplies our strength, renews our vision and surrounds us with His love every moment. He has been our support and help when we feel alone. He has surrounded us with a great family who loves us. He has things for us that we could never have imagined. His promise to be with us every day until the end of the world is a reality. For this reason we never tire of serving Him with all our hearts. This is how we want to finish our days here on this earth. May God help us so that we can. Amen."
1. For the maturity and growth of the work in Guápiles
2. For the brothers and sisters in Sarapiquí, so that soon we will be able to start a Bible study center.
3. For the soon-to-open new work in Tejar del Guarco, Cartago. Also for the legal paperwork that we are doing to obtain property in this area.
4. For the new Bible study centers in homes of the brothers and sisters from our church in Villas de Ayarco.
5. For the growth and spiritual maturity of the brothers and sisters of the church in Villas de Ayarco.
6. For more brothers and sisters with servant hearts and leadership skills for work in the church focused upon evangelism and missions.
7. For unity in our local church--Villas de Ayarco.
8. For the purchase of the property that we need to build Sunday school rooms at our church in Villas. So that the Lord opens doors for us and supplies us with the financial resources that we need.
9. For new pastors and leaders to tend to the new ministries.
10. For the training and capacitation of brothers and sisters who serve in the church."